Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's going to be okay

I'm so not into politics. So I'll keep this short. The 53% who voted for Barack Obama did so because he gave them hope. The other 47% are unfortunately left feeling rather hopeless. But you know, hope is a powerful thing. Maybe just the fact that 63 million people are feeling hopeful will make a difference, you know? And are the rest of us so interested in being right that we are going to mope around for the next 4 years while we watch our country fall apart? Just so we can say I told you so?

I'm not suggesting we fall blindly in line and start supporting everything Barack Obama says. No way; that's not what this country is about. I'm just saying. Let's move forward with our dreams. Let's stop preaching doom and gloom, and prove instead that anything is possible. Life is good. :)

6 comments:

Buzz Carter said...

Bonnie for President! Yeah!

Kelley said...

I'm not thrilled he got elected, but I will be praying for him that he can lead our country well and effectively.

Laurine said...

I agree that instead of being upset, we can indeed pray for him and all the leaders of our country.....but we must always have hope.....even if we have hope in Christ, knowing that can make the difference for living in the hard times.

Amy F said...

hear hear!

Anonymous said...

well said, sista.

the lunch lady said...

I agree. Hope in Christ is the only thing to hope in.