Thursday, October 2, 2008

7 Random Facts

I got tagged by Joanna. So here, for your reading pleasure, are 7 random facts about me. Turns out, I like talking about myself. :)





1. As a child, I spent most of my time in the backyard collecting rocks, and I refused to smile for photographs.

2. In elementary school, I spent 20 hours a week training as a gymnast.





3. In junior high school, I was cut from the Knowledge Bowl team because I was too afraid to buzz in.

4. In high school, I made the top 10 in the State Math Competition, I went to the national Science Olympiad competition, and I was the colorguard captain. Super geek, in other words.





5. In college, I learned that I pronounce the word “ancient” wrong. I say it as if it has an “x” in it, like “anxious.”

6. Just now, I learned that my pronunciation is acceptable. So there.





7. After college, I won $80 playing the nickel slots in Vegas. Sshhh.

Oh, I'm supposed to tag 7 people and post these rules:

Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blog.
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Instead of tagging 7 random people, I'll just tag 5 of my high school friends (ooh, I'm breaking the rules): Amy, Brooke, Lauren, Debbie, and Katie.

If you guys don't feel like doing it, I won't be offended. :)

10 comments:

Kelley said...

I didn't know SAIS-R had a website. Wow! When I clicked on that link, I wnet right back down memory lane. What an amazing school, and what an awesome time we had there.

Fun post!

Amy F said...

Good little factuals and fun post! (I'll have to come up with some good ones for myself that no one knows...hmmmm...kind of hard).

Joanna said...

I think piano was the only productive thing I did as a kid, and you did tons of stuff. (I know you did piano too even though you didn't mention it here.)

Buzz Carter said...

I think I might be offended that you didn't tag me.

No, not really.

the lunch lady said...

you didn't look like a super geek in H.S. -- you look cute as always!

Cec said...

Gambling?! I'm shocked. I'd be more shocked if I hadn't taken this picture...

:)

Marie said...

I remember how big of a math nerd you were in junior high. ;)

Paula said...

What a fun post! I got here from Kelley's blog--I'll have to come back and visit again!

quiltgirl said...

you are so adorable, i almost can't stand it. the only reason i can is because i can say i'm related to you !

Mel said...

That colorguard pic is FANTASTIC. I'm stealing it and posting it on facebook because I'm lucky to be standing next to my favorite people!